Movement Debrief Episode 56 is in the books. Below is a copy of the video for your viewing pleasure, and audio if you can’t stand looking at me.
Here is the set list:
- How does rib external and internal rotation relate to infrasternal angle?
- Why does the infrasternal angle measures present as they do?
- What are the anteroposterior and medial-lateral dimensions of the ribcage in these infrasternal angles?
- What are the thoracoabdominal pelvic cavity mechanics in gait?
- How does a collapsed arch impact movement variability?
- How do we treat a collapsed arch?
- Are custom orthotics a worthy solution?
and the audio version…
Here were the links I mentioned:
Below is the diaphragm picture I mentioned. Notice how from this angle, the diaphragm fibers would pull the ribcage inward.
Here is a bunch of stuff on the infrasternal angle.
Paul Coffin, DPM (this is who I use to get orthotics)
Here’s a signup for my newsletter to get nearly 3 hours and 50 pages of content, a free acute:chronic workload calculator, basketball conditioning program, podcasts, and weekend learning goodies:
[yikes-mailchimp form=”1″ submit=”Get learning goodies and more”]
Table of Contents