Episode 7 of the Movement Debrief (aka The Movement Awakens) occurred last night.
I can only imagine how devastated you are that you missed it.
But hey, though I think it’s way more fun live, I have a copy of the video below, where we discussed the following topics:
- Why fundamental PT skills are still relevant
- Why the basic clinical exam is incredibly important
- Determining if you can or cannot help your patients
- A simple trick to making any movement a neurodynamic test
- Doing what is best for the patient, not your ego or agenda
If you want to watch these live, add me on Facebook or Youtube. They air every Wednesday at 8:30pm CST.
If you missed yesterday’s Movement Debrief live, you missed a doozy. We discussed the following topics:
- What strategies new parents can use to maximize the little sleep they get
- Ways to give patients ownership in their care
There are a few products I mentioned or are relevant that you may want to check out:
Recommended Relevant Resources
Take a Nap, Change Your Life
Found My Fitness Podcast by Rhonda Patrick
Tim Ferriss Podcast featuring Rhonda Patrick
Insight Timer (free)
Nootropic Supplements for Alertness
Foursigmatic Mushroom Coffee
Teacrine – Shoot for 150mg/day
Blue Light Blocking Systems
blue light blocking glasses
f.lux – a blue light blocking app for your computer. Syncs with sunrise and sunset
Circadian Rhythm Devices
NatureBright Sunlight Plus Light and Ion Therapy Lamp – For use when you live in an area with poor sunlight. Helps stimulate alertness. Also shoots negative ions, which has a bit of research, at least with earthing, to favorably impact heart rate variability.
Zero (free) – An app that promotes circadian fasting. Ensures you stop eating before sunset.
Did you miss Movement Debrief live yesterday? Though much more fun live, I have a video of what we discussed below.
This debrief was quite fun, as we had an impromptu viewer q&a. Thank you Alan Luzietti for the awesome questions! If you follow along live on Facebook or Youtube, I will do my best to answer any questions you ask.
Yesterday we discussed the following topics:
- Why you should emphasize sagittal plane activities longer than you think
- How to coach exercises to maximize client learning and compliance
- Why detaching from your client encounters makes you a better clinician
- Viewer Q&A – “centering from the chaos” & TFL Inhibition
Lastly, if you want the acute:chronic workload calculator I spoke about, click here.
Without further ado: