How can we easily work with people who play many different sports, without necessarily learning all the technical ins and outs of said sport?
The answer is to have a common framework to operate under movement-wise.
That is one of the many topics we discussed when I was on the Smoothies with Rufus Podcast.
- Exercise Selection: Chops and Lifts
- Rotation During a Golf Swing
- Applying a General Movement Model to Technical Movements
- Physical Structure and Olympic Lifting
- Difference Between a Reach and a Press
- Bridging the Gap from Rehab to Training
- Athletes Keeping Their Hips Underneath Them
- Olympic Style Squat vs. Powerlifting Squat
- Coaching a Squat
- My Treatment Approach Based on Setting
- Prioritizing Basics vs. Providing a Higher Level Stimulus
- Youth Development vs. Winning
- Looking Beyond Strength in Sports
- Youth Exposure to a Variety of Sports
- My Learning and Teaching Process
- And more
Check out these specific applications and more by watching the video below:
Also, if you haven’t already, Rufus Gardis is one of the best coaches out there, and you’ll definitely want to subscribe to his podcast: