Movement Debrief Episode 42 is in the books. Below is a copy of the video for your viewing pleasure, and audio if you can’t stand looking at me.
Here is the set list:
- What is normal hip abduction/adduction range of motion?
- What tests do I use to assess these ranges?
- Why are these limitations theoretically present?
- What is the treatment hierarchy for hip adduction and abduction?
- What are some of my favorite moves to improve these measures?
- What are my top 3 takeaways from the PRI courses I’ve attended?
- Why the draw in maneuver is complete bullshit and what you should do instead
and the audio version…
Here were the links I mentioned:
Toe Touch to Squat for a narrow infrapubic angle
Diamond Bear exercise for a narrow infrapubic angle
Here is a move I use to improve active hip abduction. You can put the femur in relative external or internal rotation pending on which of those directions is limited:
Here is the Paul Hodges video I talked about
Here’s a signup for my newsletter to get nearly 3 hours and 50 pages of content, a free acute:chronic workload calculator, basketball conditioning program, podcasts, and weekend learning goodies: