Chris, a high level mountain biker, at first didn’t believe someone could help him move better over the internet. He had back issues for a hot minute, what the heck was an online consult going to do?
A couple consults later with me, and Chris is pain-free, back to doing all the wild and crazy things he was doing before without issues.
Chris was so juiced up about his results that he wanted to learn more about my thought process and what I do that he had me on his podcast.
Chris Kelly is the owner of Nourish Balance Thrive, a really cool site that brings several great practitioners together to help clients remotely with whatever their goals are.
Despite Chris technically not being in the field, he’s one of the best interviewers I’ve had the pleasure of podcasting with. He asked some great, unique questions, and we got into a wide variety of topics.
Here are some of topics we discussed on the podcast:
- Ben House and Flō Retreat Center in Costa Rica
- How I got into physical therapy.
- The influence of Bill Hartman.
- Working with NBA basketball players.
- The influence of Dr. Bryan Walsh.
- Sleep and performance
- How to treat pain
- Assessing movement
- Movement variability
- The online assessment process
- Pain vs. tissue damage
- How we improved the host’s chronic lower back pain
- The importance of the pelvic floor
- What is considered normal breathing
- How to promote behavior change in our clients
- Applying the principle of minimal effective dose
- Speed and agility
- How to drop your heart rate faster with the recovery position
- Why I’m spending less time on social media
If you want to give a listen or read, there are several spots you can find this podcast below: