I was recently featured on my boi Mike Robertson’s Physical Preparation Podcast.
It was quite surreal to be interviewed by a guy who I have tremendous respect for, and who has been a huge influence on me.
MR was one of the people who I was initially exposed to when I got into this field. After reading all the cool things he wrote on t-nation, I bought most of his products, became a huge reader of his blog, and applied many of his teachings to my own training.
Zac = fanboy.
Can you imagine what it was like the first time I met him and Bill at IFAST? Like meeting rockstars, fam. Then he we are, having a conversation as peers.
Point being with this story, if there was no Mike Robertson, we wouldn’t be having this conversation right now.
The Life of A Mercenary PT
Here were some of the things we discussed in this podcast:
- How I got started in the world of physical prep.
- What life is really like in the NBA/D-League, and what it’s like to transition from therapy to performance at the highest level.
- What skills I was comfortable with, and how he grew and evolved to take his coaching skills to the next level.
- My biggest struggles in pro sports.
- Movement Variability: What it is, and why you probably need more of it.
- What it’s like to transition from the biggest stages in sport, to working in a smaller setting with a more general population.
- How I get it all done – from working as a mercenary PT, to writing, to public speaking, etc.
- The BIG Question.
- A really fun lightning round where we discuss pops Daddy-o Bill Hartman, his favorite hip hop groups, why I started the Movement Debrief, and what’s up next for me.
Click here to listen to the podcast.